Website Flex Academy
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible.
HCOS: Flex Academy is a new JK-12 campus school in Kelowna, BC that opens for student enrollments in January 2023 and is set to be in session for September 2023.
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible. We are building a dream team of teachers, support staff, and administrative leaders that exemplify innovative thinking, relational drive, and courageous connection.
Flex Academy, a division of HCOS, has an opening for CEA/Education Assistants. This is an onsite, part-time or full-time position depending on certification and student needs. The purpose is to support the student(s) assigned to them in collaboration with the classroom teachers. CEA/EAs provide program support, behavior and academic interventions, and encouragement to promote student success based on a student’s individualized goals.
As the CEA/Education Assistant your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide the social, spiritual, and academic learning needs of students, providing mentorship to whole person
- Connect with students individually or in small groups
- Collaborate with teaching staff to support delivery of personalized learning opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary
- Build relationships with families, teachers and EA’s
- Maintaining daily communication with students, families, staff and other stakeholders
- Support SE Department and teaching staff with delivery of IEP’s
- Attend school field trips
- Ensure safety standards are upheld, according to school policies
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Background working in Education, EA Support, Behavior Intervention, or with children, youth
- EAs may hold a valid Certified Educational Assistant certificate (or training in process)
- Demonstrate alignment with the following attitudes and attributes:
- Alignment with our Biblical Attributes & demonstrates a commitment to, and a lifestyle reflective of, the KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrated alignment in supporting team goals over individual aims
- Teachable, humble, self-reflective, and encouraging
- Creative and Innovative
- Intrinsically motivated, diligent, adaptable, and solutions-oriented
- Eager to think beyond traditional modalities of education to be a part of creating something new
- Relationally Competent
- Demonstrated strength in emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness
- Alignment with our HCOS Teacher Profile Attributes
- Experience in differentiating learning for students of various proficiency levels
- Ability to manage, change, and adapt to varied workloads in a start-up environment
- Skilled in conflict-resolution
- Excellent relational communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Flexible, creative, and supportive attitude toward innovation and change
- Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google Drive, Zoom, etc
What we offer:
- .5-1.0 FTE depending on position
- Competitive wage
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance,
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Please apply online CEA/EA Application or by copying and pasting the following link into your browser https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=706627
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.