Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
Do you have a passion for STEM education and creating inspiring curriculum content? Are you a seasoned classroom or online teacher with a deep understanding of pedagogy and curriculum development? Do you have a strong knack for organizing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively?
We are seeking a STEM Curriculum Developer who can bring their classroom experience, creativity, and exceptional writing skills to develop world-class digital STEM curricular content. We want someone who can assess existing curriculums, write effective content for student instruction, and develop comprehensive training materials for teachers. An individual who can empathize with students by anticipating their roadblocks and account for common misconceptions.
Does this sound like you? Join our curriculum team at StudyForge!
How we work:
Prioritize the Person. Innovate through Iteration. Collaborate Constructively. Insist on Integrity.
These core values at StudyForge influence everything we do. For the curriculum team this means:
- People truly matter and we believe that our product will help teachers and students. We want to design learning activities that build people up.
- We don’t always get it right the first time, but we learn, improve and try again, always looking for ways in which we can be better.
- We’re a team and we carry the load together and each member of our team brings strength to the table that we can draw from.
- It’s important that we seek excellence in all that we do, taking responsibility for our work, and honestly pursuing quality without cutting corners.
What we do:
Education world wide is rapidly being disrupted by new technology. Students are starting to learn at different times and in different locations from each other. This is making it incredibly difficult to stay connected to their students and provide the relationship that is so crucial for student success. We are a team of passionate educators working to change the world by empowering teachers and students to stay connected with amazing curriculum powered by innovative technology.
We create digital curriculum for middle school and high school students and we host that curriculum on our proprietary platform. Teachers are able to use our platform to gain insights on how their students are interacting with the material. As students watch videos, read lessons, or work on questions we are tracking their engagement without stifling their experience. We then use that information to let a teacher know if a particular student is stuck on a problem, compare their students progress, or find out if a student is not putting in enough effort. Teachers can know if a student is not engaged before they fail the exam and offer on-time intervention even if they have never met in person.
The StudyForge team is the curriculum development department of Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS), a K-12 Distributed Learning school, providing fully-accredited education to students in British Columbia. The StudyForge platform and curriculum is licensed to other schools across Canada and the United States, delivering over twenty five thousand courses to students every year. HCOS is a part of Kelowna Christian Centre Society, a non-profit organization headquartered in Kelowna, BC with employees and contractors spread all across Canada.
As the StudyForge STEM Curriculum Developer you will:
- Develop curriculum content and develop plans
- Write exciting and effective content for student instruction and assessment
- Assess existing curriculum in relation to learning standards in new jurisdictions
- Develop training and onboarding materials for teachers using the StudyForge product
- Review final products to ensure quality at all stages of development workflows
- Ensure curriculum reaches the high standards possible
- Respond to error reports and customer complaints in a timely and creative manner
- Review and assess existing curriculum against current StudyForge standards
- Support other teams with content knowledge as necessary
- Train and support teachers using our curriculum
What we are looking for:
- Successful classroom teaching experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Organized and can work with multiple tasks; able to prioritize
- Strong ability to read and understand department of education curriculum documents
- Outstanding grasp and understanding of pedagogy, including within the digital medium
- Preferred: Experience in a broad range of teaching and curriculum development
- Preferred: Experience in blended or online learning
We have high expectations for our team members:
- Excellent communicators, both verbal and written
- Valuing of relationship, empathetic, servant-hearted
- Relentless and determined when solving complex issues
- Open and willing to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies
What we offer you:
- StudyForge reaches tens of thousands of students each year
- Work with experienced online educators and curriculum developers
- collaborate with other teams such as visual design, learning experience design, software development, and business development
- regular projects and challenges
- 3 weeks annual vacation to start
- work from home, in the Kelowna office, or wherever you feel productive
- work when inspiration hits and set your own hours as long as you are available for meetings and training and get your work done
- Competitive Compensation:
- Salary based on qualification and experience
- Benefits: RRSP Match Program, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Travel Insurance, Extended Health and Dental, Health Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Benefits
Please apply online to this full time position: StudyForge STEM Curriculum Developer application
Applications will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.