Website HCOS Flex Academy
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible.
HCOS: Flex Academy is a new JK-12 campus school in Kelowna, BC that opens for student enrollments in January 2023 and is set to be in session for September 2023.
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible. We are building a dream team of teachers, support staff, and administrative leaders that exemplify innovative thinking, relational drive, and courageous connection.
Flex Academy, a division of HCOS, has multiple openings for Innovations Teachers. These are .3-1.0 FTE onsite positions in grades 6-12. The purpose is to educate students within a flexible educational model and support their academic, spiritual, and social-emotional growth with a focus on individualized education.
Teacher assignments will be (approximately) as follows:
- Grade 6-9 Math
We look forward to working with successful candidates to create teaching assignments that reflect their passions and strengths!
As an Innovations Teacher, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deliver quality instruction for both academic and spiritual growth of student (including use of digital curriculum)
- Plan, teach, assess and report, while maintaining good classroom management
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary
- Plan field trips and participate in school and staff meetings, and parents meetings
- Maintaining daily communication with students, families and staff
- Actively participate as member of staff team
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- BC Certified Teacher
- Ability to manage, change, and adapt to varied workloads in a start-up environment
- Demonstrate alignment with the following attitudes and attributes:
- Alignment with our Biblical Attributes & demonstrates a commitment to, and a lifestyle reflective of, the KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrated alignment in supporting team goals over individual aims
- Teachable, humble, self-reflective, and encouraging
- Creative and Innovative
- Intrinsically motivated, diligent, adaptable, and solutions-oriented
- Eager to think beyond traditional modalities of education to be a part of creating something new
- Relationally Competent
- Demonstrated strength in emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness
- Alignment with our HCOS Teacher Profile Attributes
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information sensitively
- Skilled in conflict-resolution
- Excellent relational communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Proactive, systems thinking, relationship and solution oriented
- Flexible, creative, and supportive attitude toward innovation and change
- Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google Drive, Zoom, etc
What we offer:
- .3-1.0 FTE depending on position
- Competitive wage
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance,
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.