Website Heritage Christian School
Be. Belong. Become.
At Heritage Christian School (HCS), we are committed to growing in academics as we grow in our relationship with Jesus. Our administrators are passionate Christians and organized thinkers in a highly collaborative team. We build and run programs that fully engage students and awaken them to the world around them and their place in it.
HCS was founded as a ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society (KCCS) and opened in 1986. Nearly 36 years later, our K-12 school is embarking on a new building, bolstering our current programs, and expanding our school. We serve families who are looking for meaningful and engaging Christian education.
HCS is currently seeking a Principal who can champion our school and lead our staff and community into this next stage of our journey.
The Principal will provide leadership to every area of the school through:
The Principal will advance the mission, vision, values and, strategic priorities of the school community to Be, Belong, Become. At the same time, champion the vision of the future of our school through fundraising, student recruitment/marketing, and public relations.
The Principal will create a standard of excellence in Educational programs meeting the redesigned BC Curriculum requirements.
The Principal is a valued member of the Executive team of Kelowna Christian Center Society and will lead the operation of the school.
The Principal is a spiritual leader who inspires our school pointing our community to Christ. The Principal will adhere to the KCCS Statement of Faith and be willing to serve a multi-denominational staff and student body. The Principal is a mature Christian with a walk of faith whose lifestyle, convictions, and beliefs shaped by God’s word, the Bible.
As the Principal, your responsibilities are:
- Provide direction and leadership for the Visionary, Educational, Operational and Spiritual aspects of the school
- Create the HCS Strategic Plan with input from a variety of stakeholders
- Champion the vision for the future of our school through fundraising, student recruitment/marketing, and public relations
- Advance the mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities of the school community to “Be, Belong, Become”
- Lead the Educational direction of the school including the development of programs
- Oversee all educational programs of the school, including periodic program evaluations
- Create a standard of excellence in Educational Programs, meeting the redesigned BC Curriculum requirements
- Lead, train and evaluate teachers, vice-principal(s) and office administration
- Maintain accountability to KCCS Executive Director and the Ministry of Education
- Increase student enrolment
- Oversee budgets, ensure fiscal responsibility of government funding, maintain records for audits
- Recruit, and complete performance evaluations of teachers and leadership team
- Manage, evaluate and implement effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school, building the culture of HCS community
- Develop leadership in instructional and administration staff through professional development
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and behaviour
- Establish professional rapport and respect with students, staff, parents and the community
- Active member of the KCCS Executive Team
- Inspire the school and the larger community
- Lead staff, students, and families with humility and graciousness, pointing to Christ
- Adhere to the KCCS Statement of Faith and serve a multi-denominational staff and student body
The Qualification and Skills required:
- Certified Teacher in the Province of BC with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Education degree
- A Master’s degree in Education or Leadership is an asset
- Technologically proficient
- Passionate for Jesus
- An excellent communicator
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including Life, Dep. Life, LTD, Extended Health, Dental, Health Spending Account (HSA), Travel Insurance and Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Professional Development
- RRSP matching program
Please apply online to HCS Principal Application
Include the following with your resume:
- Cover Letter
- Personal Philosophy of Christian Education
- Personal Statement of Faith
Start date: Approximately July 1, 2022
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.