Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for a Technology and Systems Support position working with the Technology Team. This is an onsite position at 40 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to support families and staff while escalating issues as necessary and assisting in the research, implementation, and creation of tutorials around new platforms.
As the Technology and Systems Support your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Respond to and triage support via phone, email, help desk tickets, or Zoom
- Support and maintain devices through their entire lifespan for both on-site and remote workers, including:
- Repairs of Chromebooks
- Replacement of parts (drives, screens, keyboards, etc.)
- Purchase, document, and track device and license distribution
- Manage and support user accounts in a wide range of platforms (both internal and external)
- Assist in researching, testing, and implementing new solutions
- Support systems and network administrators in solving problems
- Provide support during on-site events for speakers and attendees
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highschool diploma. College preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset
- Academic background is beneficial
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Adept at problem-solving
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Good research skills
- Organized and can work on multiple tasks; able to prioritize
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Criminal Record Check
- A robust knowledge of:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
- Web platforms (user accounts, permissions, passwords, etc.)
- Proficiency in both Microsoft and G-Suite environment
- Familiar with networking protocols and able to remotely troubleshoot network connectivity issues for both on-site and remote workers
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Benefits of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications accepted until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.