Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for a Student Records Clerk working with the Registrar. This is a full-time onsite position at 32 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to assist the Registrar’s Office by processing outgoing and incoming student files, as well as occasionally answering phone queries from schools, students or parents during busy periods.
As the Student Records Clerk, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Update and track student information to ensure all records are tracked for sending to the next school of record
- Communicate with schools and HCOS personnel regarding outgoing and incoming students
- Process and send outgoing digitized student files when requested by the student’s new school of record
- Process incoming student files by adding student record files into the student information system
- Update and track student information electronically to ensure all records are received and documented
- Assist with obtaining PEN numbers for new students and sending record requests
- Answer student or parent phone calls regarding enrollment for HCOS or BC Online school, as needed during busy periods
- Assist with other duties, as assigned by the Registrar
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as a team to achieve objectives
- Detail-oriented, organized and accurate
- Familiar with general office equipment including scanner, printer, phone, etc
- Proficiency with, or willing to learn, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Zoom, Acrobat DC, Google Docs and Google Sheets, etc
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to change and learn
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Onsite at Kelowna office, with opportunity to work remote
- 32 hours per week
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Benefits of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be received until position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.