Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for an Application Assistant (maternity leave) working with the Learning Groups (LG) team. This is a full-time temporary remote position at 40 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to provide support and assistance in the area of event creation and data management throughout the online Learning Camps (LC) application process and to assist Coordinators and Learning Groups (LG) team as needed.
As the LG Application Assistant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understand the Mission, Vision and Values of HCOS and Learning Groups as a department
- Work closely with Learning Camps Admin Assistant and Learning Groups Office Team
- Collaborate with Coordinators to create, share and monitor online event applications and information in preparation for the start date
- Build relationships with Learning Camp Coordinators
- Support and inform the Learning Groups team throughout the online application process
- Help ensure students, families, coordinators, and team are well-informed and supported
- Provide follow-up of supporting documents such as Group Supports and medical information for all student applications received as needed
- Assist LG Regional Administrators, Learning Camps Assistant and other items by LG Team
- Participate in regular virtual team meetings and occasional face-to- face meetings
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Experience in a remote office environment is preferred
- Detail-oriented, service-minded individual with a flexible attitude towards innovation and change
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to manage multiple tasks to ensure scheduled deadlines are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and work relationally with team, coordinators and service providers
- Familiar with general office equipment including scanner, printer, phone, etc
- Strong technological skills and a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Google Workspace, Zoom, and willing to learn internal systems (e.g. Alfresco, SOPHIE, Cvent, Trello and coding within the LG Website)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- 40 hours per week, consistent daytime office hours
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel to meetings and conferences
- Occasional Saturday or evening as required
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Benefits of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be received until position is filled. The position is expected to start Jan 2024. This is a 12-18 month mat leave position that may lead to permanent.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.