Website Heritage Christian Online School
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
At HCOS, our teachers are independent contractors who are resourceful and innovative educators. They are passionate about learning and building Christ centered relationships with students and families which are founded on grace. The primary role of this K-9 Support position is to support, adapt, and guide each student’s learning program through collaboratively working with families, colleagues, and admin in order to provide an individualized, Christ-centred approach to each student’s education program.
Scope of work:
- Maintaining an awareness of HCOS expectations to develop and direct student’s educational programming
- Creating, adapting, tracking, and providing feedback on a Student Learning Plan for each school year for all courses
- Collaborating with parents or guardians and other teachers involved in a student’s education plan and programming
- Encouraging and providing oversight regarding student growth in HCOS Biblical Attributes and development of the HCOS Learner Profile qualities
- Preparing informal and formal reports on student learning progress for each student
- Instructing and assessing each student to HCOS standards based on the BC Curriculum, including, but not limited to:
- Weekly, educationally meaningful, contact with each student and ongoing assessment of student work for each course
- Regular and varying teacher and student interaction (i.e. face-to-face engagement, online communications, feedback on assignments, and the use of the internal tools to track weekly teacher and student contact)
- Prompt and professional communication (adhering to HCOS standard of 24 hour turnaround on communications)
- Conducting home visits as required
- Serving as a Family Liaison for home learning and educational programming support and oversight (primary point of contact and support)
Teachers at HCOS demonstrate professionalism by:
Engaging and interacting with students intentionally
Using good communication that promotes relationship and student success
Providing both formative and summative feedback on student learning
Writing strong relational reporting that matches ministry and school requirements
Participating in a supportive professional community and professional development
Engaging in open and consistent communication with administration and other school departments
HCOS Teachers effectively support students by:
Using suitable and supportive initial communication to onboard students such as welcome letters, videos, forum posts or face-to-face interactions
Being proactive and preventative i.e. reaching out to students, encouraging emails to students who are succeeding, and tracking down students who haven’t checked in for a while
Creating meaningful interactions which include face-to-face communication
Being inclusive of all students
Praying with and/or for our students
Contacting parents or guardians to assist the learning journey of their students
Seeking opportunities to honour and encourage the student’s faith journey
Efficiency in DL teaching looks like:
Creating systems for managing student work and interactions
Using quick and thoughtful communication and assignment feedback
Providing direct support or exemplars of student work to students and parents or guardians as needed
Being frequently and consistently available for students in proportion to student load
Having strong technical skills – being quick to learn and implement new technologies
This 1 FTE position is a face to face contract teaching position for someone living in the Chilliwack area from September – August 23/24 academic year.
If you are a passionate teacher who is looking for an opportunity to develop innovated Christ-centered educational opportunities we’d love hear from you. Please apply HCOS Online Application.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.