Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for an Administrative Assistant & Assessment Coordinator working with the Grad Program. This is a remote position at 28 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to offer assessment and administrative support to the Grad Program, working with the Director of the Grad Program and the Director of Flex Academy.
As the Grad Program Admin Assistant & Assessment Coordinator, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support with student Proof of Work sweeps, organizing for Admin Report Card and Student Learning Plan sweeps
- Take minutes in meetings, summarizing key points and ensuring follow up with parties involved
- Draft, research and proof documents
- Assist with writing, editing and organizing emails and SOPHIE
- Newsletter and blog post content creation
- Grad program website management and updates
- Assisting with preparations for inspections and audits
- Monthly credit card reconciliations
- Assist with planning, booking and facilitation of June Graduation events both Virtual and Face to Face locations
- Attend all Graduation ceremonies to facilitate logistics and assist with coordination
- Coordinate materials and mailings for all Graduation events
- Assist with hosting local meetings and social events, including travel on some weekends/ evenings
- Assist with mission trips planning and logistics
- Facilitate scholarship opportunities for students and Grad Advisors including COBSS, District Authority Awards and host HCOS workshops
- Remain point of contact for students who are applying for scholarship and ensure deadlines are met
- Liaison with COBSS as HCOS’ point of contact
Provincial Assessment Coordination:
- Manage assessment registration and communication of registration to students and families, including email and phone correspondence
- Schedule assessment locations and arrangements for required assessments, including school assessment centers as well as alternate locations such as public schools, third-party learning centers or post-secondary institutions
- Coordinate with admin from other POLS schools to accommodate external student assessments where possible
- Scan completed assessments when required and upload to Ministry platform
- Update student Grad Planners when provincial assessment results are released
- Communicate approved student adjudications and adaptations by the Special Education Grad Advisor(s) to assessment invigilators
- Work with data management to ensure students are registered as per the deadlines set out by the Ministry
- Travel to and run assessment centers around the province during the weeks of assessments (may include evenings and weekends)
- Manage and oversee the HCOS merchandise store including pop up stores for specific departments
- Collaborate with HCOS Design Team and Heads of School to provide options to families and staff for HCOS merchandise
- Support order requests and follow up with customers
Any other reasonable duties as required
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- BC Certified Teacher or similar educational qualifications preferred but not required
- Able to be discreet and handle confidential information sensitively
- Strong time management skills, including timely follow up
- Proven administrative and event planning skills
- Professional communication skills
- Proven minute-taking experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Flexible attitude towards innovation and change
- Technologically proficient – email, scanning, documents, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Benefits of:
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Please apply online HCOS Grad Program Assistant or by copying and pasting this link in to your browser: https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=714134
Position begins June 1st. Applications will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.