Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) ) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
At HCOS, our teachers are independent contractors who are resourceful and innovative educators. They are passionate about learning and building Christ centered relationships with students and families. Please see our Teacher Profile for more information.
Teachers at HCOS demonstrate professionalism by:
- Intentionally engaging and interacting with students
- Using communication that promotes relationship and student success
- Providing both formative and summative feedback on student learning
- Writing relational reporting that matches ministry and school requirements
- Participating in a supportive professional community and professional development
- Engaging in open and consistent communication with administration and other school departments
HCOS Teachers effectively support students by:
- Using suitable and supportive initial communication to onboard students such as welcome letters, videos, forum posts or face-to-face interactions
- Being proactive and preventative by reaching out to students, sending encouraging emails to students who are succeeding, and tracking down students who haven’t checked in for a while
- Creating meaningful interactions, which include face-to-face communication
- Being inclusive of all students
- Praying with and/or for our students
- Contacting parents or guardians to assist the learning journey of their students
- Seeking opportunities to honor and encourage the student’s faith journey
Efficiency in DL teaching includes:
- Creating systems for managing student work and interactions
- Using quick and thoughtful communication and assignment feedback
- Providing direct support or exemplars of student work to students and parents or guardians as needed
- Being frequently and consistently available for students in proportion to student load
- Having strong technical skills – being quick to learn and implement new technologies
- Moodle training is available
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications:
- BC Certified Teacher
- AP Computer Science and/or AP Computer Science Principles
- Individualized Computer Science Grades 10-12
- Workplace Math
Applications will remain open until filled for 23/24 academic year.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.