Website Flex Academy
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible.
HCOS: Flex Academy is a new JK-12 campus school in Kelowna, BC that opens for student enrollments in January 2023 and is set to be in session for September 2023.
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible. We are building a dream team of teachers, support staff, and administrative leaders that exemplify innovative thinking, relational drive, and courageous connection.
Flex Academy, a division of HCOS, has an opening for a Teacher Assistant. This is an onsite, term position. The Teacher Assistant (TA) position is designed to support the classroom teacher in managing the class in a variety of ways.
As the Teacher Assistant your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Regularly communicate with the teachers for their assistance needs
- Work behind the scenes with the teacher’s organizational needs: photocopying, marking, preparing work, art, room tidying, collections, etc.
- Supervise children during recess times on the playground, field, and/or in the gym
- Assist students in learning attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their character, academic, social, and emotional development
- Communicate clearly and confidentially with teachers and administration in timely and effective ways (email, zoom, phone calls, in-person meetings as needed)
- Speak directly to the teacher in charge should student concerns arise
- Demonstrate care and rapport with students and families
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- High school completion
- Punctual and clear communicator
What we offer:
- 33 hours per week
- Competitive wage
Looking to start August 28 for September launch. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.