Website Flex Academy
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible.
HCOS: Flex Academy is a new JK-12 campus school in Kelowna, BC that opens for student enrollments in January 2023 and is set to be in session for September 2023.
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible. We are building a dream team of teachers, support staff, and administrative leaders that exemplify innovative thinking, relational drive, and courageous connection.
Flex Academy, a division of HCOS, has an opening for a Jr. Kindergarten Educator. This is an onsite, part-time to full-time position. The purpose is to carry out the day-to-day educational program of Flex Academy’s Junior Kindergarten.
As the Jr. Kindergarten Educator your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide a loving, safe environment that is joyful and creative for 3-5 year old students
- Promote and engaging environment of community collaboration with personalized education
- Teaching junior kindergarten so that students are prepared for primary school
- Collaborate with primary level teachers to ensure literacy and numeracy levels are met
- Maintaining timely and supportive communication with families
- Participate in professional development
- Ensure safety and ethics standards are upheld according ECEBC and HCOS
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must have a valid Early Childhood Education (ECE) certificate
- Must have a valid First Aid certificate (e.g., Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR)
- Ability to manage, change, and adapt to varied workloads in a start-up environment
- Demonstrate alignment with the following attitudes and attributes:
- Alignment with our Biblical Attributes & demonstrates a commitment to, and a lifestyle reflective of, the KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrated alignment in supporting team goals over individual aims
- Teachable, humble, self-reflective, and encouraging
- Creative and Innovative
- Intrinsically motivated, diligent, adaptable, and solutions-oriented
- Eager to think beyond traditional modalities of education to be a part of creating something new
- Relationally Competent
- Demonstrated strength in emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness
- Alignment with our HCOS Teacher Profile Attributes
- Understanding Attachment-Theory in child development
- Skilled in conflict-resolution and problem-solving
- Excellent relational communication as well as verbal and written skills
- Flexible, creative, and supportive attitude toward innovation and change
- Technologically proficient in or willingness to learn: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google Workspace
What we offer:
- 20-40 hours per week
- Competitive wage
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance,
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.