Website HCOS Flex Academy
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible.
HCOS: Flex Academy is a new JK-12 campus school in Kelowna, BC that opens for student enrollments in January 2023 and is set to be in session for September 2023.
In this Christ-focused, campus-based program, we are combining the best of classroom experience with the versatility of online tools to develop a hybrid model of education that makes education as expansive and flexible as possible. We are building a dream team of teachers, support staff, and administrative leaders that exemplify innovative thinking, relational drive, and courageous connection.
Flex Academy, a division of HCOS, has multiple openings for Innovations Teachers. These are .3-1.0 FTE onsite positions in grades 6-12. The purpose is to educate students within a flexible educational model and support their academic, spiritual, and social-emotional growth with a focus on individualized education.
Teacher assignments will be (approximately) as follows:
ADST and Woodshop Specialist
- Position Details:
- Grade 6-12 Specialist Teaching position
- 0.25 -1.0 FTE (open to adjusting FTE to best suit the strengths of candidate)
We look forward to working with successful candidates to create teaching assignments that reflect their passions and strengths!
As an Innovations Teacher, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deliver quality instruction for both academic and spiritual growth of student (including use of digital curriculum)
- Plan, teach, assess and report, while maintaining good classroom management
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary
- Participate in school and staff meetings, and parents meetings
- Maintaining daily communication with students, families and staff
- Actively participate as member of staff team
We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Demonstrated commitment and lifestyle reflective of a relationship with Jesus Christ
- BC Certified Teacher
- Ability to manage, change, and adapt to varied workloads in a start-up environment
- Demonstrate alignment with the following attitudes and attributes:
- Alignment with our Biblical Attributes & demonstrates a commitment to, and a lifestyle reflective of, the KCCS Foundational Beliefs
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrated alignment in supporting team goals over individual aims
- Teachable, humble, self-reflective, and encouraging
- Creative and Innovative
- Intrinsically motivated, diligent, adaptable, and solutions-oriented
- Eager to think beyond traditional modalities of education to be a part of creating something new
- Relationally Competent
- Demonstrated strength in emotional intelligence and interpersonal awareness
- Alignment with our HCOS Teacher Profile Attributes
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information sensitively
- Skilled in conflict-resolution
- Excellent relational communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Proactive, systems thinking, relationship and solution oriented
- Flexible, creative, and supportive attitude toward innovation and change
- Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google Drive, Zoom, etc
What we offer:
- .3-1.0 FTE depending on position
- Competitive wage
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance,
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit forms.kccnet.ca.