Website Heritage Christian Online School
Rooted in the home education community in British Columbia since 2004, HCOS is a vibrant and diverse community committed to excellence in Christian home education.
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Provincial Online Learning School, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
Do you have a passion for investigating problems and building solutions? Do you enjoy exploring computer technologies that are being used in the real world? Are you someone who ties up loose ends and loves seeing the last checkbox on a project filled in?
We are seeking a Learning Experience Designer who can bring their techno-curiosity, creativity, and task-oriented problem solving skills to build and support world-class digital curriculum. We want someone who can build online course content using new technologies, HTML, CSS, content entry, data management, and the Adobe CC suite. An individual who can understand the needs of a project and welcomes the journey to meet them.
Does this sound like you? Join our curriculum team at StudyForge!
How we work:
Prioritize the Person. Innovate through Iteration. Collaborate Constructively. Insist on Integrity.
These core values at StudyForge influence everything we do. For the curriculum team this means:
- People truly matter and we believe that our product will help teachers and students. We want to design learning activities that build people up.
- We don’t always get it right the first time, but we learn, improve and try again, always looking for ways in which we can be better.
- We’re a team and we carry the load together and each member of our team brings strength to the table that we can draw from.
- It’s important that we seek excellence in all that we do, taking responsibility for our work, and honestly pursuing quality without cutting corners.
What we do:
Education world wide is rapidly being disrupted by new technology. Students are starting to learn at different times and in different locations from each other. This is making it incredibly difficult to stay connected to their students and provide the relationship that is so crucial for student success. We are a team of passionate educators working to change the world by empowering teachers and students to stay connected with amazing curriculum powered by innovative technology.
We create digital curriculum for middle school and high school students and we host that curriculum on our proprietary platform. Teachers are able to use our platform to gain insights on how their students are interacting with the material. As students watch videos, read lessons, or work on questions we are tracking their engagement without stifling their experience. We then use that information to let a teacher know if a particular student is stuck on a problem, compare their students progress, or find out if a student is not putting in enough effort. Teachers can know if a student is not engaged before they fail the exam and offer on-time intervention even if they have never met in person.
The StudyForge team is the curriculum development department of Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS), a K-12 Distributed Learning school, providing fully-accredited education to students in British Columbia. The StudyForge platform and curriculum is licensed to other schools across Canada and the United States, delivering over twenty five thousand courses to students every year. HCOS is a part of Kelowna Christian Centre Society, a non-profit organization headquartered in Kelowna, BC with employees and contractors spread all across Canada.
As a Learning Experience Designer you will:
- Build curriculum content and web-based resources
- Engage with a variety of technologies, including HTML and CSS web-building, creativity software, and online project and content management
- Create and edit content in the form of audio, videos, images, and interactive experiences
- Collaborate with writers and other team members in designing interactive and engaging learning experiences
- Accurately enter content developed by course writers
- Improve and innovate on day-to-day processes with newer technology solutions
- Track down complex support requests and find fixes to curriculum content issues
- Ensure curriculum reaches the highest standards possible with given resources
- Support other teams with specialized knowledge and solutions as necessary
What we are looking for:
- An investigative mindset
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to get tasks and project over the finish line
- Strong capacity for learning new skill sets and technologies
- Ability to know when direction is needed, and ask for it
- Preferred: Experience with HTML and CSS
- Preferred: Experience with Adobe CC creative editing software
We have high expectations for all of our team members:
- Excellent communicators, both verbal and written
- Valuing of relationship, empathetic, servant-hearted
- Relentless and determined when solving complex issues
- Open and willing to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies
What we can offer you:
- StudyForge reaches tens of thousands of students each year
- Work with experienced online educators and curriculum developers
- Collaborate with other teams such as visual design, learning experience design, software development, and business development
- Regular projects and challenges
- 3 weeks annual vacation to start
- Work from home, in the Kelowna office, or wherever you feel productive
- Work when inspiration hits and set your own hours as long as you are available for meetings and training and get your work done
- Competitive Compensation:
- Salary based on qualification and experience (40 hours per week) $18.32- $23.14
- Benefits: RRSP Match Program, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Travel Insurance, Extended Health and Dental, Health Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Benefits
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.